I have never been to France, and to be honest, I don’t know much about French cuisine. But, I made this recipe and felt like I was traveling to the French countryside. You can add some pasta or a piece of bread, if you want, but I think Mrs. Mireille Guilino knows what she is doing- the dish is perfect on its own. Get ready for a full belly.
Sauté of Turkey with Spring Vegetables
From: French Women Don’t Get Fat Cookbook by Mireille Guiliano
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 4 turkey cutlets, pounded thin
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 small onions, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 2 cups frozen snow peas (I could not find snow peas, so I used sugar snaps, which worked just as well.)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Season both sides of the turkey cutlets with the paprika and salt and pepper.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the turkey cutlets. Cook until lightly golden, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer the cutlets to a plate and keep warm.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in the skillet and add the onions. Sauté until soft, about 4 minutes. Add the peas and snow peas and sauté until warm, about 1 minute. Add the cream and simmer until slightly thickened, about 4 minutes.
- Add the turkey cutlets back to the pan, correct the seasoning, and add the cilantro. Cook for another 2 minutes and serve immediately.